Sunday, April 25, 2010

BP11_2010043_DiscoveringWeb2.0Tools



ProProfs.com

In my search for another amazing web 2.0 tool I came across proprofs.com. This site has so many components it took me a long time to explore the many items available. I originally went to this site to investigate the quiz maker aspect it offered. I initially created a quick weather quiz just to see how the site functioned. It is extremely easy to make a quiz, take a quiz and see the results of your students’ quizzes. Once you have published your quiz it is available for others see and use. You can also search through the quizzes that have already been created and use these as well. This site however goes far beyond quiz making. There is a link where you can create polls and see the results. Like with the quiz-making link, you can browse and take polls that were previously created. You can look at a flashcard link and create your own flashcards or use ones already created. ProProfs.com also has a link that provides a variety of games. There you can play games that have already been created or create your own games. For example, I created a crossword puzzle. There is so much more to this site. There is a link to forums, the site Blog, a Wiki link and even an amazing SAT prep link. All these services are free. This site is so easy to use and access. It took a simple sign-up and now I have complete access. The only huge downfall of this site is all the advertisements you have to try and ignore. There are advertisements virtually on every empty space of the page. During all my time spent on proprofs.com I didn’t see any advertisements that were offensive. That said, I think this is an amazing site with great benefits. I can’t wait to start creating polls, quizzes, and games for my students’ to use. I know that my higher students will benefit from the challenge of higher thinking games, my lower students will benefit from the flashcard review, and I can keep track of my students progress and retention of the subject with the easily made quizzes. I hope you take a minute to check out proprofs.com I truly believe this site is an asset to my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. This is the first I have heard of this tool. I will have to check it out, Tracy. I would love to hear about the implementation of this in your classroom! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete